According to the Executive Agreement of the 24th of October (ACORD EXECUTIU del dia 24 d’octubre de 2017 pel qual es crea el Laboratori Interdisciplinari sobre el Canvi Climàtic de la UIB), this research entity has been established with the main purpose of promoting the dissemination, teaching, research and knowledge transfer on climate change.
Furthermore, this norm includes the activities to be carried out by the members of the Laboratory.
- • Participation in public events and media in order to spread the work on climate change carried out at the UIB.
- • Co-direction end of degree projects, master and doctorate theses and dissertations.
- • Proposal of master, postgraduate and specialization courses.
- • Fostering the coordination between the members of the Laboratory and the research groups.
- • Initiation and strengthening of interdisciplinary research on climate change.
- • Proposal of projects to regional, state, European or international aid programs.
- • Participation in internacional, European and national research networks on climate change or related issues.
- Knowledge transfer
- • Encouraging new collaborative actions with the relevant actors in the climate change field beyond the academic sphere, such as the Public Administration, the private sector or civil society.
- • Organization of workshops, seminars and other activities of analysis and exchange of experiences.
- • Advisory and ellaboration of studies and reports.
- • Acting on behalf of the UIB in the activities of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.